Exercise: 34km Run – Bellarine Rail Trail (8’s)

Well after getting minimal sleep last night and waking up with a nasty headache, I was probably not in the right frame of mind to do the run today.

But after the Advil took effect and the stomach was full of coffee, I jumped in the car to head over to Michelle’s place a much happier person 😀

Eat Em drove us down to Geelong, with myself, Michelle and Tiger Boy as company. We arrived with about 30 minutes to spare, so of course me and Michelle made a beeline to the toilets. It was only when we got back, after trekking through the showground for a good 5 minutes to get to the toilets, that we were told the ones in front of where we were parked had been opened up 😡

There were plenty of familiar faces, inclduing WOOH, Sam and Kevin Cassidy. There were also lots of familiar faces who I do not actually know to name, but just to recognise their face.

There was a big crowd doing this Fat Ass run today and I think that was due to the fact that Lee Troop was doing the run, and also doing a talk at a local cafe after the run. How cool is it to be within spitting distance to one of Australia’s great runners 😀

Michelle and I got into our normal stride pretty early and we were also joined by Coolrunner’s Courtley Love (Elizabeth). I’m not sure who talked more, her or Michelle, but it was good just to be able to run along without having to exert too much energy on talking. I’m not saying that I didn’t do any talking, but there was always conversation flowing 😀

I am so happy with today’s run. I felt so strong and Michelle had to reel me back in a couple of times as I just wanted to get to the finish so my pace increased. I know that she did the right thing in pulling me back as I would hate to be too sore to run for the rest of the week 🙄

So once we got to the finish line we got changed, put on the Skins and had a little wander into Queenscliff (which is where the run finished). We found a bakery and I grabbed a Latte. My stomach just couldn’t seem to handle the thought of any food at that time, which is a little concerning as I really need to find food that I will be able to eat when doing the upcoming 52km Ultra Round The Tan. Need to keep working on that.

We got dropped back at the car and then waited for Tiger Boy, who was in the next wave of people being dropped back from Queenscliff. A nice casual drive back to Michelle’s place and then on to home 😀

Here are a few photos from the day. And might I add that the weather was absolutely fantastic. I was so worried last night when it was still pouring with rain at 8pm. How quickly Melbourne weather changes 😯